2.4.10

TALK ABOUT STRANGE! COINCIDENTAL HISTORY


As I have shared on my other blog, Mystorical, my mother had bought at a local second hand store in Wellington, Kansas (Sam's Curiosity Shop) in the late 1960's, an old Victorian autograph album. It has been passed on to me before she died as we were both incurably romantic and into 'old stuff.' So, I begin looking through it and realize it is a great history project and begin to scan the more colorful pages, do an index of contents, and locate the person on the census records.


A delightful researcher finds it and happily loads it to Ancestry. Later, while going over some of the material from my grandmother, including an old paper-thin leather document case, I find some obits related to her second husband's family. Ah, I think, somebody may be looking for just this information. I begin loading it into Ancestry. Filling out the family of this man, who was the only grandfather I ever knew, I am finding other family group sheets with more data and then what do my wondering eyes behold.....there is one of the scanned images from the autograph album.


A happy, and slightly strange, set of circumstances, as I am sure you will agree.


To read more about the album, see images, and index visit Mystorical.

No comments:

Find-a-Grave

Search 113.0 million cemetery records at by entering a surname and clicking search:
Surname: